Not all birds eat from our backyard feeders but all birds need fresh water.
Here are some tips for keeping your birdbaths healthy for your birds.
Stone or ceramic birdbaths are best cleaned with a solution of 9 parts water and 1 part bleach. Lime deposits can be removed from plastic birdbaths with a mixture of half white vinegar and half water.
- Fill the bath with the appropriate solution.
- Cover it with a garbage bag and let it sit for several hours.
- Scrub it well with a bird bath brush or non-abrasive pad.
- You may want to dump the solution into a bucket and remove in an effort to protect your plants.
- Rinse well.
- Fill the bath and add Bird Bath Protector to keep the water fresh longer.